Friday 19 June 2015

Summer Biannual Bibliothon | TBR

I have never officially taken part in a readathon before, as they seem to always take place when I have exams, but since my last exams is tomorrow (Saturday), I'm going to make this my first. The Summer Biannual Bibliothon runs from Sunday 21st June to Saturday 27th June and all the information can be found here. This readathon has set challenges, which I really enjoy, so I am going to share my TBR for completing those challenges.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Paper Towns by John Green -
Challenge: Group Book and Book Involving A Social Issue
Paper Towns is on my TBR for the month of June so I was excited when I saw that it is the group book for this readathon. I want to read this book before the movie comes out, which is also the reason why it has been chosen as the group book. I decided to double up on challenges for this book as I believe it features mental illness, primarily depression, which is a social issue I am passionate about.

The Naughtiest Girl In The School by Enid Blyton -
Challenge: Reread A Book From Your Childhood
I struggled to think of a book for this challenge as I don't remember much of what I read as a child. I do remember having a book including the first three books in the Naughtiest Girl series, and I remember quite enjoying them, so I decided to reread a book from this series. I managed to find the first book in the series on iBooks so I will be rereading that for the challenge.

Free Four by Veronica Roth -
Challenge: Companion/Novella/Prequel
This is the last of the Divergent novellas that I own so it's about time that I read it. I believe this novella features the knife throwing scene from Divergent but from the point of view of Four. This is only around 40 pages so should be an easy one to get through.

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban by JK Rowling -
Challenge: Book From The Genre You've Read Least This Year
I have only read one fantasy book so far this year and that was the second Harry Potter book. It's really about time I read this series and since the third book is on my Summer TBR, this seems like the perfect choice for this challenge.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner -
Challenge: A DNF Book
I started this book last year but put it down after about 50 pages as I wasn't enjoying it. I think I just wasn't in the mood for it but I am a little nervous to try again. I am going to give it a go during the readathon, if I get to it, but I am still a bit unsure about whether I will like it.

The Geography Of You And Me by Jennifer E Smith -
Challenge: Book Set In A Foreign Country
Living in Scotland, I had a lot of choices for this challenge since very few books I read are set here. I decided to go for this one partly because I really want to read it but also because it is set in various countries around the world, including my own actually. I thought this would be a good choice as I think the various countries are actually important to the story, as it is about a long-distance relationship.

Those are the 5 books and 1 novella that I am hoping to read for the Summer Biannual Bibliothon. I feel that this is a little ambitious but I will give it my best shot. It seems like a great way to start off my summer so I am looking forward to it.

Will you be participating?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment