Tuesday 11 August 2015

Haul | July 2015

Considering the amount of books I have acquired over the past couple of months, you would think I should be slowing down a little. You would be right, I should be slowing down a little, but somehow I just can't seem to stop buying books. Since I was going on holiday, I decided to treat myself to a few more books, not that I didn't already have plenty to last me the two and a half weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Woman Who Fell In Love For A Week by Fiona Walker - I had never heard of this book when I spotted in on the shelves of Tesco as part of a special offer. I was looking for something along the lines of your typical beach read, so from the title alone I decided to pick it up. This is about a woman who is house sitting for a couple of weeks and, I am assuming, meets a man during this time.

Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Daly - My mum and I were looking for books that we could both read while on holiday, to save on the amount of books we took. She reads mostly crime fiction, while I read a little bit of everything as long as it sounds interesting, so we decided on a couple of mystery/thriller novels to interest us both. This one follows a woman who's best friend has essentially stolen her life in her absence, as her husband has fallen in love with her. However, she finds out that this has happened before, with terrible consequences. This sounds very intriguing!

You by Caroline Kepnes - This is another one that was bought for both my mum and I to read. This, I believe, is a story about stalking, but through the use of social media. It sounds very interesting, if a bit creepy, and scary considering the extent to which we use social media these days. This is one I am very excited to get to.

Life With A Sprinkle Of Glitter by Louise Pentland - I absolutely adore Louise so obviously as soon as I found out she was writing a book, I knew I was going to have to have it. This is full of tips and tricks for all sorts of areas of life, along with some personal stories thrown in. I know this will be a fun read.

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones - After completely falling in love with Jenny B Jones when reading her Katie Parker Productions series, I was interested to see what else she had written. While searching through Goodreads, I discovered that There You'll Find Me was one of her most popular novels so I decided to get it as an audiobook. This follows a girl who, following the death of her brother, decides to study abroad in Ireland, where he had previously travelled. I am interested in reading more Christian fiction so this will be a great place to start.

Confessions Of A New York Taxi Driver by Eugene Salomon - I have previously read three of the other Confessions Of... books (Confessions Of A GP, Further Confessions Of A GP and Confessions Of A Male Nurse) and really enjoyed them, so I decided it was time to read more of them. I struggled to decide which one to go for first but, as I am more than a little obsessed with New York, I went for this one. I am interested to see a bit of what New York cab drivers get up to.

The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow - I have a heard a few things about the Secret Diamond Sisters series around the blogging and booktube world, though not a whole lot, so when I saw this on the Kindle Store for a pretty good price, I decided to see what the fuss was about. I don't know a whole lot about this series but I believe it follows a group of sisters who find out their father is a rich hotel owner and go to live with him.

Cabin Fever by Mandy Smith - I am extremely interested in anything to do with airlines; I watch all the TV shows and documentaries about airlines and cabin crew, and I love being in airports or on planes, so this book seems perfect for me. This is a non-fiction book about life as a flight attendant for Virgin Airlines. Everything about flight attendants interests me so I am looking forward to finding out more.

A Groom With A View by Sophie Ranald - This was a bit of an 'on a whim' purchase for me. It is a book I have had on my Goodreads 'to read' shelf for a while but was never one I was desperate to get to. However, when I found it for pretty cheap on the Kindle store, I picked it up. This follows a couple who get engaged, despite previously not wanting to get married, and now wedding planning, and the assistance of the mother of the groom, threatens to ruin their relationship. This sounds like it could be a fun read and I love weddings, so I am looking forward to it.

Dream A Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher - I absolutely love Giovanna so despite never having read one of her books, I now own all of them but the Christmas novella. Everyone loves her books so I am determined to get to at least one of them sometime soon. This one is about a woman who begins to dream about a perfect guy, who then makes an appearances in her real life.

No-One Ever Has Sex In The Suburbs by Tracy Bloom - I read No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday towards the beginning of last year and really enjoyed it. I had no idea there was a sequel until I was browsing Amazon and it was recommended to me. I don't want to say what this is about, as it follows on from the first book, but I am really looking forward to seeing how the story continues.

That is everything I have bought in the month of July. Have you read any of these books? What are your thoughts?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment