Tuesday 11 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is the Top Ten Authors I Have Read The Most Books From. However, I haven't really read a lot of books by one author so I decided to change it a little and list the Top Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From. I actually don't own a huge amount of books by the same author either, unless they are books in a series, but I do have quite a few authors whose books I own quite a few of. I am only really considering physical books for this list, with a few ebook novellas throw in (and I think one full length ebook).

1. Stephenie Meyer - 6 books
Stephenie Meyer is the author I own the most books from, obviously as 5 of them form the Twilight series. I own all four books in the series - Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse & Breaking Dawn - as well as the novella - The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner. I also own Stephenie Meyer's other novel, The Host, as an ebook, bringing the total to 6 books. Of course, I love all of the Twilight books, however I am yet to read The Host.

2. Sophie Kinsella - 5 books + a novella
Somehow, despite having never read one of her books, I own 5 books and a novella by Sophie Kinsella. I own three books in her Shopaholic series - Confessions Of A Shopaholic (#1), Shopaholic Abroad (#2) and Shopaholic & Baby (#5) - as well as a novella - Shopaholic On Honeymoon (#3.5). I also own two of her standalone novels - Can You Keep A Secret? and Twenties Girl. Like I said, I have yet to read any of these books but I have heard such great things about Sophie Kinsella that I have been collecting her books.

3. Kiera Cass - 5 books + a novella
All books I own from Kiera Cass are part of The Selection series. I own the first four books in the series - The Selection, The Elite, The One and The Heir - as well as The Selection Stories, a bind up of two novellas, and the novella The Queen. I have mentioned several times that I absolutely love The Selection series.

4. Cassandra Clare - 5 books
Again, these are all books in the same series. I own the first 5 books in The Mortal Instrument series - City of Bones, City of Ashes, City Of Glass, City of Fallen Angels and City Of Lost Souls. I have yet to read any of these books, although I really need to start this series really soon.

5. Veronica Roth - 4 books + a novella
This is another case of all books belonging to the same series. I own all three books in the Divergent series by Veronica Roth - Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant - as well as the bind up of novellas - Four - and the novella Free Four. This is the only case in which I have read all of the books I own, and enjoyed all of them, some more than others.

6. Jenny Han - 4 books
I own four books be Jenny Han, and have again read none of them. I own all three books in The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy - The Summer I Turned Pretty, It's Not Summer Without You and We'll Always Have Summer - and her more recent book, To All The Boys I've Loved Before.

7. Stephanie Perkins - 3 books + one book edited by
I own, and have read, all three books in Stephanie Perkins' Anna And The French Kiss trilogy - Ann And The French Kiss, Lola And The Boy Next Door and Isla And The Happily Ever After - all of which I absolutely love. I also own the collection of short stories edited by Stephanie Perkins, which includes a story by her, My True Love Gave To Me, so I am including that.

8. Jennifer E Smith - 3 books
I own three books by Jennifer E Smith, and have read two of them. I own her first, and probably most popular, book, The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight, my first read from her and one I really loved. I also own The Geography Of You And Me, the other of hers that I have read and liked but not as much as the other, and This Is What Happy Looks Like, which I have yet to read.

9. Giovanna Fletcher - 3 books
I have read none of Giovanna's books but I adore her so much as a person that I just had to buy her three books - Billy & Me, You're The One That I Want and Dream A Little Dream. I am desperate to get around to reading them as I know I will love them just as much as I love her.

10. Gayle Foreman - 3 books
Gayle Foreman is another author who I own three books from and have read two. I own both books in the If I Stay duology - If I Stay and Where She Went - although I have only got around to the first of the two. I also own her most recent release, I Was Here, which I have read and loved.

Do you like the authors I have mentioned? What is your favourite book of theirs?

Sophie :)

2 comments:

  1. Great List!
    You have read all those hyped series, I am longing to read them soon especially The Selection sereis and Stephanie Perkins books
    My TTT
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read any of these authors but I am familiar with them. There are just SO MANY BOOKS to read lol
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete