Thursday 7 January 2016

Wrap Up | December 2015

You may have noticed that I have been totally MIA recently. I have had the busiest December and have spent the first days of January recovering from the madness. My reading didn't improve any in December because of me being so busy but I really hope to get back on track for 2016.

My Life In December...
- I started the month by submitting what will hopefully be the last essay of my law degree.
- I had a great trip to Carlisle to get to see one of my favourite guys perform at a charity gig.
- The majority of the month was spent working constantly, got to love retail at Christmas.
- I took my grandmother out for her 80th birthday and have a nice lunch.
- Christmas was nothing more than a day off work this year, but that was good enough for me.
- I spent a great few days away between Christmas and New Year with my mum and some close friends.
- I had the best time celebrating my 21st birthday with my best friends.
- I had a great New Years Eve with some great people.

Watched In December...
- The Christmas Secret - 4/5
- The Grinch (rewatch) - 5/5
- Let It Snow - 3.5/5
- Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire - 4/5
- Silver Bells - 3/5
- The Holiday Heist - 2/5
- The Polar Express (rewatch) - 5/5
- Paper Towns - 5/5

Read In December...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Where She Went by Gayle Forman -
I put off reading this after hearing some negative reviews. I really enjoyed If I Stay, though I did prefer the movie to the book, so I didn't want to be disappointed by the sequel. When I finally picked it up it completely exceeded my expectations, I absolutely loved it! I wasn't a huge fan of Adam and Mia's relationship in If I Stay, which I mentioned in my review, however I loved Adam in this book and definitely felt the relationship was better developed. Though many others disagree, I think this is the best of the duology and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first book. 5/5

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord -
I finished this audiobook slightly out of season as I forgot I had started listening to it. I started listening to this in the summer as I felt a fun road trip style story with a summer romance would be perfect. I did really enjoy this, though the main character reminded me a lot of Taylor Swift and the story did have similar aspects to her story. Despite this, I thought this was a great debut novel and a really enjoyable summer read. I definitely want to read more of Emery Lord's work. 4/5

Blogged In December...
- I reviewed Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson.
- I wrapped up the month of November.
- I hauled the books I bought in November.
- I reviewed My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins.

What did you read in the month of December?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment