Wednesday 10 May 2017

Let's Talk | My Dream Author Panels

I mentioned in a Top Ten Tuesday from back in March, when I talked about authors I was dying to meet, that I have never been to any kind of bookish event. I want to so badly but it just never seems to be possible for me. Eventbrite recently asked me what authors I would have on my dream panel at a bookish event and I had so much fun thinking about this that I wanted to share the panels I came up with.



The Perfect Book Boyfriend -
Stephanie Perkins, Kasie West, Morgan Matson & Jennifer E Smith
These four authors are some of my all time favourites and all four of them have mastered the art of creating the perfect book boyfriend. I would love to hear them talk about their writing process and how they create such loveable characters.

Branching Out -
Cecelia Ahern. Gayle Forman & Sophie Kinsella
Both Cecelia Ahern and Sophie Kinsella are known for writing adult novels but have recently branched out into the world of YA. Gayle Forman, on the other hand, is known for writing YA novels but has recently branched out into adult novels. I'm intrigued to know why they decided to do this, if the writing process was different, and if they plan to write more of the novels they are not necessarily known for.

On The Big Screen -
Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, John Green & JK Rowling
All of these authors have had their incredibly popular works adapted into incredibly popular films. I would love to hear them talk about what that process was like. I know there have been some issues with the movie adaptations of Veronica Roth's Divergent series recently so I would be interested to know about the ups and downs of taking a book to the big screen.

Those are three author panels that I would absolutely love to see be a thing. I really loved thinking about my dream author panels and I now want to attend a bookish event more than ever! I would love to hear about your dream panel, or one that actually happened!

Sophie :)
----

Thank you to Eventbrite for inspiring this post. If you are interested in planning an event, Eventbrite offer a variety of tools to help you do so. You can register your event online here or your conference here.

2 comments:

  1. I heard Gayle speak about Leaving Me at BEA 2016, and I shared some of what she said in my review. Check it out: http://opinionatedbooklover.com/review-leave-gayle-forman/

    I also heard John Green speak about having his novels turned into movies. I wrote a little about that group from Nerdcon Stories: 2015 here: http://www.momsradius.com/2015/10/nerdcon-stories-2015-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, it must have been so interesting to hear both of them speak!

      Delete