Tuesday 6 June 2017

Top Ten Tuesday | Ten Contemporary Books I've Recently Added To My TBR

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is 'ten books from X genre that I've recently added to my TBR list'. As contemporary is my favourite genre, and it's definitely what I've been gravitating towards recently, it is the first genre that came to mind. So here are the ten most recent contemporary books I have added to my Goodreads TBR.

1. When It's Real by Erin Watt - Anything with a famous guy/average girl romance I am all over!


2. They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera - I haven't read any Adam Silvera before but he is raved about! This is the one of his books that sounds most interesting to me.

3. The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone - A round-the-world cruise was all it took for me to know I need to read this book.

4. Kill All Happies by Rachel Cohn - This is a pretty recent release about a graduation party but the thing that drew me in is that they find an abandoned theme park!

5. The Last Thing You Said by Sara Biren - Summer, small town, romance and grief - sounds like the perfect summer read to me.

6. Fireworks by Katie Cotugno - I think I have all of Katie Cotugno's books on my Goodreads but haven't read any of them. This one is about music and set in the 90s, which sounds amazing!

7. Countless by Karen Gregory - This is definitely a more serious contemporary, which deals with pregnancy while suffering from an eating disorder.

8. 26 Kisses by Anna Michels - The first line of the Goodreads synopsis says 'Kasie West meets Morgan Matson' and that is all I need to convince me. This is about a girl who sets out to kiss 26 boys whose names start with each letter of the alphabet.

9. #famous by Jilly Gagnon - The fact that someone wrote a book inspired by Alex from Target is amazing, I need to read this.

10. Girl Out Of Water by Laura Silverman - If a book involves the main character looking after young kids I am interested straight away. In this book, our main character moves to Nebraska for the summer and has to look after her younger cousins.

What contemporary books have you added to your TBR recently?

Sophie :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for They Both Die at the End---Silvera is amazing, so I hope you love it! I've got 26 Kisses and I really need to read it---It looks so cute!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to read something by him, I've heard such great things! 26 Kisses sounds adorable, I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete