Wednesday 19 July 2017

What I've Been Watching | April-June 2017

Over the past few months, I decided not to post a 'what i've been watching' as I didn't really feel like I had much worth talking about. While being on holiday from university, I have been reading quite a lot and I didn't think I had really been watching much. Apparently, I was wrong as I have finished a few seasons of TV shows and watched a lot more movies than I realised.

TV

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Grey's Anatomy Season 13 - Grey's Anatomy is one of my all-time favourite TV shows but I just didn't love season 13 as much as the previous seasons. There wasn't a particular storyline that grabbed my attention and the finale was a bit underwhelming compared to previous seasons. I do still love the show and will continue to watch it, I just hope it gets back to its usual standard.

What It's About: "A drama centered on the personal and professional lives of five surgical interns and their supervisors."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pretty Little Liars Season 7 - Pretty Little Liars is over! This is another one of my favourite shows but I has started to lose interest in the most recent few seasons. Realistically, I think this show could have finished a few seasons ago and as much as I didn't want it to end, that may have been better for the show. I was quite disappointed with how it ended, particularly as it incorporated one of the theories I really did not want to be true. I do love the show and I'm sad it's over but it was definitely time for it to end.

What It's About: "Four friends band together against an anonymous foe who threatens to reveal their darkest secrets, while unraveling the mystery of the murder of their best friend."


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Chicago Med Season 2 - I love Chicago Fire so when Med first came to the UK I knew I had to watch it. I enjoyed the first season but wasn't quite as into it as I was with Chicago Fire. In the second season, I pretty much felt the same. I like this show but I don't love it and it doesn't completely grab my attention.

What It's About: "An emotional thrill ride through the day-to-day chaos of the city's most explosive hospital and the courageous team of doctors who hold it together. They will tackle unique new cases inspired by topical events, forging fiery relationships in the pulse-pounding pandemonium of the emergency room."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Chicago PD Seasons 1-3 - Like I said, I love Chicago Fire but PD was never fully shown in the UK, they kept showing parts of seasons and then stopping. I got the first season on DVD for Christmas and flew through it before buying the second and third seasons. I didn't expect to love this and only really wanted to watch it for Sophie Bush but ended it completely obsessed.

What It's About: "Follows District 21 of the Chicago Police Department, which is made up of two distinctly different groups: the uniformed cops and the Intelligence Unit."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Riverdale Season 1 - I have mentioned before that I randomly decided to start watching Riverdale and I was completely hooked from the first episode. Everyone seemed to love the first season of this show, and I was definitely one of those people. The reveal of what happened to Jason was a complete shock to me but I felt as though that second last episode had the most impact and was a bit confused by that not being the finale. I know the last episode was really setting things up for the second season but it felt like a bit like an epilogue.

What It's About: "A subversive take on Archie and his friends, exploring small town life, the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale's wholesome facade."

Movies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mother's Day - Along the lines of Valentine's Day and New Years Eve, this follows several generations of various families over Mother's Day. I love films like this and really enjoyed both Valentine's Day and New Years Eve. I did enjoy this one, it was fun and had a good message about family, but I think this is perhaps the one I liked the least.

What It's About: "Three generations come together in the week leading up to Mother's Day."

Get A Job - I absolutely love Anna Kendrick and Miles Teller but unfortunately I did not love this film. It wasn't my kind of humour and for the most part I found it quite boring. This one was definitely a disappointment.

What It's About: "Life after college graduation is not exactly going as planned for Will and Jillian who find themselves lost in a sea of increasingly strange jobs. But with help from their family, friends and coworkers they soon discover that the most important (and hilarious) adventures are the ones that we don't see coming."

Sisters - Sadly this was another disappointment. I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, especially together, but this film fell a bit flat. There were some funny parts but I didn't find it as funny as I usually find their work. It just wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be.

What It's About: "Two sisters decide to throw one last house party before their parents sell their family home."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

How To Be Single - This movie was so much fun! With a cast like it has you would expect it to be and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed this, I loved the entire cast and it made me laugh out loud more than a few times. 

What It's About: "A group of young adults navigate love and relationships in New York City."

Daddy's Home - I knew this wasn't really my cup of tea before going into it and I was right. It wasn't bad but it was just OK. There were some funny parts and some sweet parts but a lot of it was quite forgettable.

What It's About: "Brad Whitaker is a radio host trying to get his stepchildren to love him and call him Dad. But his plans turn upside down when their biological father, Dusty Mayron, returns."

All Roads Lead To Rome - In all honesty, this film was so boring that I remember almost nothing about it. I like Sarah Jessica Parker and I love Rome so I had expected to enjoy it but I was just bored for the majority of the film.

What It's About: "Maggie is an uptight, single mother and college writing teacher from New York City. In an effort to reconnect with her troubled teen daughter Summer, she decides to embark on a journey to a Tuscan village that she frequented in her younger days."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jenny's Wedding - This was another kind of boring one. It was OK and the message was good but it didn't really keep my attention. Alexis Bledel could definitely have had more screen time and been made a bit more important to the story, considering it's her wedding too. 

What It's About: "When Jenny (Katherine Heigl) decides to marry a woman (Alexis Bledel), her conventional family must accept who she is or risk losing her forever."

Moulin Rouge - So many of my friends rave about this film and it is such a well-know, much loved film. I didn't understand what was going on and found it quite boring. I thought it was just me but I watched it with my mum who had previously seen it and enjoyed it and even she wondered why she had enjoyed it before.

What It's About: "A poet falls for a beautiful courtesan whom a jealous duke covets."

Two Night Stand - Another Miles Teller movie. I thought this one was pretty average, it was fun and Miles Teller was great but it wasn't anything special. I enjoyed it but it's not something I would rave about or even watch again.

What It's About: "A snowstorm forces two people who made an online connection to unwillingly extend their one-night stand as the blizzard goes through the night."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates - Anna Kendrick and Zac Efron were the only reasons for me watching this movie and they didn't disappoint. I didn't love the movie, again it was average but nothing special, but I did enjoy the two of them. I was expecting this to be better but it was still fun to watch.

What It's About: "Two hard-partying brothers place an online ad to find the perfect dates for their sister's Hawaiian wedding. Hoping for a wild getaway, the boys instead find themselves out-hustled by an uncontrollable duo."

Bachelorette - I was warned that this wouldn't be as good as I was expecting it to be but I assumed it was because the person who told me that is quite reserved and doesn't tend to like things with too many sex or drugs references. Unfortunately, it actually wasn't as good as I was expecting. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be just a bit of a disappointment.

What It's About: "Three friends are asked to be bridesmaids at a wedding of a woman they used to ridicule back in high school."

Over the past few months I have watched some of my favourite shows as well as a lot of movies that were meant to be comedies but weren't all that funny. Any good comedy recommendations would be much appreciated! What have you been watching recently?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment